Fourth ManUp location secured at King Elementary
During the middle of September, the ManUp Iowa team alongside the King Elementary team agreed to launch its first ever ManUp program for an Elementary school. With the transition to working with younger male youth, we hope to be able to show that serving these youth with multiple preventative services at an even early age can help them avoid potential barriers that life will inevitably through at them.
She’sUp Iowa launching at Hiatt Middle School
The long awaited sister program to ManUp has found its first home at Hiatt Middle School. It will launch sometime in late fall and is currently accepting referrals.
ManUp launches: “The Empowerment Project”
On September 26th, ManUp launched its newest service entitled; “The Empowerment Project.” Below are a few pictures of the event. Please see the page on this site designated to this project for more details.
Additions to the ManUp Iowa team
Meet Dwight Jackson
As the new acting Director of Grant Services for ManUp Iowa, Dwight Jackson brings a wealth of experience and insight from the private and public sectors. His education includes: Received his M.P.A from Drake University, B.S from Upper Iowa University, A.A from Des Moines Area Community College and is a member of Drake University’s Pi Alpha Alpha.
Credentials and experience: Dwight has a wealth of experience in management and executive roles in the private sector as well as a plethora of experience in other notable roles including:
- BP Amoco, General Electric, Asurion Wireless. Retired from Asurion as the Director of Customer Satisfaction at the Office of the CEO.
- Received the DMACC Urban Campus Alumni Association Outstanding Alumnus Award.
- Served as a board member and advisory member of Proteus Employment Opportunities Inc.
- Provides part time BHIS services (current).
- Is a part time substitute teacher for the DMPS (current).
- Mentored minority youth in Chicago and Des Moines.
- In his leisure time Dwight enjoys music and is a self-taught musician. Dwight and his wife, Gloria have 3 children and 10 grandchildren.
In Collaboration With