ManUp Iowa has partnerships and or contracts with the following agencies:
- African-American Leadership Forum (Des Moines Chapter)
- Next Step Counseling Services
- Des Moines Public Schools
- Mentor Iowa
- Planned Parenthood
The ManUp team feels very strongly about partnering with other agencies in the community. In doing so the program will become more powerful and diverse in order to continue our mission to serve youth in all of the Des Moines area and the State of Iowa.
Special events that have recently occured or will be occuring:
- 11-26-13: The ManUp Iowa team provided a thanksgiving meal and special event for the ManUp Iowa participants.
- 12-5-13: A trip to Scheels sporting goods in West Des Moines. Thank you Scheels for donating 500 dollars in gift cards to the ManUp Iowa participants in the fall 2013 session.
- 12-17-13: The ManUp Iowa team provided a christmas dinner and special event where gift cards were donated to the ManUp Iowa participants. Thank you to everyone that was involved!
- 1-9-14: Graduation ceremony for the fall-winter session at Hiatt.
- 2-7-14: Iowa Wild event.
- 3-19-14: ManUp participant outing to CiCi’s pizza.
- 4-11-14: Iowa Wild event.
At the conclusion of each 15 week program, a special event will be held in order to symbolize the rite of passage or successful graduation of the program. Past graduation events have included an adventure race in downtown Des Moines and several graduation ceremonies. Stay tuned to learn about new events that will occur during future ManUp Iowa sessions.
If you would like to host a special event for the program or are interested in partnering with us, please contact the Director of the program Zach Smith.